Am Dienstag 03 Juli 2007 08:30 schrieb Durk Talsma:
> The most significant exception (no pun indented) :-)

The context of a message also depends on the messenger :-)

> to this rule seems to
> be the one related to the routing algorithm. It seems like the new
> algorithm is pickier than my old one.

The new algorithm REQUIRES a fully connected route between two points. Note
that taxiway segments are unidirectional. So finding a route "against the
flow" is not possible.

A good idea probably is to additionally mark take off/lineup positions in the
xml file. That way a utility can be written, which does a combinatorial check
of route finding from all parking positions to all take off positions,
barking on invalid groundnets.
@Durk: The XMLLoader patch might be of advantage here.

Judging from the number of groundnets in CVS the best approach probably is to
fix the ground nets.

> Maybe just
> commenting out the the exit might work (for the adventurous), as that might
> trigger the default fallback mechanism, but in this case I really need to
> check if continuing doesn't result in memory corruption. (Which, assuming
> that the networks were sufficiently tightened-up, was actually the reason
> why I left this exit in for the time being).

In "theory" there are two (immediately possible) options here. Return an empty
taxi route, resulting in a blocked forever parking gate, which might be ok
for departing traffic, but will fail for landings. The second option is to
remove the offending traffic, i.e. setDie(true). This looks odd from a visual
point of view. (<irony>The third 'correct' alternative is forcing a correct
ground net, which is currently implemented.</irony>)

Thomas
--
PhD Student, Dept. Animal Physiology, HU Berlin
Tel +49 30 2093 6173, Fax +49 30 2093 6375