> > I would need:
> > CLtail = f(alpha_tail, delta_elevator)
> >
> > where alpha_tail = alpha_aircraft + horizontal_stab_angle - Epsilon
>

> src/jsbsim --aircraft=c172x --catalog
>
> The --catalog option will give you a list of all the properties that JSBSim
> defines and knows about. That is separate from FlightGear-specific
> properties that are part of the *interface* between FlightGear and JSBSim.
> JSBSim does have its own elevator deflection property. I don't understand
> the issue with the 747 model, and (unfortunately) I don't have time to look
> into it at the moment.
>
> Jon

I am not talking about the elevator property, but about the horizontal
stabilizer (HS)property, which seems to be missing in JSBSim. In most
airliners and bussiness jets there is an all-moving HS, together with
the elevator (and maybe also a trim-tab). Then I would need to refer
to the HS current deflection (which the pilot changes in order to trim
the aircraft pitching moment) in order to calculate the tail angle of
attack : alpha_ac + HS - Epsilon.

Here is the relevant part of the 747.xml as defined in the aircraft
subdirectory that ships with JSBSim package.
1. Note that:  <description>Lift_due_to_stabilizer_deflection</description>
2. But: <property>fcs/speedbrake-pos-rad</property>
3. My question is: why it uses "speedbrake"?

<function name="aero/coefficient/CLs">
1. See here --->  <description>Lift_due_to_stabilizer_deflection</description>
                <product>
                    <property>aero/qbar-psf</property>
                    <property>metrics/Sw-sqft</property>
2. and here ---> <property>fcs/speedbrake-pos-rad</property>
                          <independentVar>velocities/mach</independentVar>
                          <tableData>
                              0.0000    0.8190
                              0.2000    0.7850
                              0.6500    0.7390