> Indeed, I was talking about two  2-D tables, "wrongly" guessing that
> JSBSim would interpolate the data in case, let's say, the current slat
> position is not any of the specific slat for which the tables are
> defined. Such an interpolation would be quite accurate, being better

There certainly is interpolation in the use of tables. If a kinematic FCS
component is used to define the position of the slats, then there also is an
intermediate position for the slats and that would (could) be used as the
lookup into the table. It is normal and expected that aerosurface positions
will index into tables allowing continuous output.

> Jon, if you are still here...regarding the horizontal
> stabilizer property I was indeed talking about JSBSim. I know there is
> a property for elevator deflection, but in many cases also the
> stabilizer moves to different angles for trimming the aircraft.

No assumptions are made for the horizontal stabilizer, whether it is
all-moving, or is fixed with a movable surface. There is only a deflection
associated with the surface, and that is used to index into an aero table. I
am not quite sure what you need, or what you are referring to here. Using
properties, one could define just about anything they want to. Can you be
more descriptive about exactly what you want?

Jon