> We could probably use the existing code to do that interpolation between two
> or more tables. It would just be really ugly. In the case of DATOM+ output,
> I'd have to generate that ugly code automatically.

Well, it may be ugly and inaccurate, but for some cases the phisics
could probably be quite close to a linear interpolation. Other than
this, if we are not concerned with the transition between flaps,there
is no problem with having many 2-D tables.

> > What is needed is just the
> > thrust effect, without having to worry about flaps or slats.
>
> I don't think that we can do that. Think about the twin-prop aircraft, flaps
> down versus flaps up, idle power versus full power. Prop blast (and epsilon)
> on the tail is going to be different for those case.

Well, I was thinking of a citation type aircraft, where the airflow
arriving at the tail may have been affected by the flaps, slats, etc.,
but how much it is deflected now
by the "jet" at the tail can be taken independently. But even for a
twin prop, it may be possible to take a similar approach: to evaluate
how much the prop blast deflects the downwash, relative to the
no-thrust case. The only issue may be that with full flaps down, the
prop blast may be different than with flaps up (due to the flaps
obstruction), and then, the thrust effect delta would be a number of
2-D tables:
dEps_Thrust (flaps 0) = f (alpha, thrust coeff)
dEps_Thrust (flaps 20) = f (alpha, thrust coeff)

Fabian

p.s.: where do they pay by the word? :)