> I would need:
> CLtail = f(alpha_tail, delta_elevator)
>
> where alpha_tail = alpha_aircraft + horizontal_stab_angle - Epsilon

We should be able to do this.

> Some time ago I've been told that this can be done using the
> speedbrake property (indeed this is the way it is done in the 747
> example) as if it were the stabilizer (only a matter of names); that's
> OK, but I only wonder whay there is no stabilizer property, or is it?
> I hope this time I was more descriptive.
> Thanks.

If you can run JSBSim in standalone mode (compiling and linking with
JSBSim.cpp) then you can do this at the command line (I am assuming that the
executable is in the src/ directory, as it would be in the JSBSim build tree
under Linux or Cygwin):

src/jsbsim --aircraft=c172x --catalog

The --catalog option will give you a list of all the properties that JSBSim
defines and knows about. That is separate from FlightGear-specific
properties that are part of the *interface* between FlightGear and JSBSim.
JSBSim does have its own elevator deflection property. I don't understand
the issue with the 747 model, and (unfortunately) I don't have time to look
into it at the moment.

Jon