On mer 5 septembre 2007, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> * gh.robin -- 9/5/2007 6:37 PM:
> > * On mer 5 septembre 2007, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> > > But it's information that needs to be available per gear,
> > > [...] it has to be added to the JSBSim/fgfs interface.
> >
> > to me, It is not necessary to include it within JSBSim
>
> But that's IMHO the only way that makes sense. And JSBSim
> (unlike YASim) currently lacks other gear features, anyway.
> Per-gear-material-info can easily be implemented when the
> JSBSim gear gets friction/solidity/etc. awareness. The
> "the whole world is a runway" behavior is fun, but ...  :-}
>
> In the meantime the Nasal solution is good enough. IMNSHO.
>
> m.

The power and flexibility within JSBsim gives facilities to include extra
feature without any update/modification of  the existing  sources (in spite
of a lack with carrier funct which will be solved).
Any modifications within jsbsim / gears with material type related would be
redundant. with existing features.
i see only one improvement which could be done => to be able to process
separately each gear components (left gear , right , rear gear ....)

We can with an  external property  "scenery material type"  to process
correctly the aircraft reactions according to the material type.

Yes without any  Property (which would be the best way) the Nasal solution
is better than nothing

Regards

--
GĂ©rard