AnMaster wrote:
> Good question, I guess combining them and manually fixing the problems would
> be too much
> work. I got no really good solution. But the current coastlines are very bad
> in many cases.
>
> What about only using GHSSH for those coastlines around continents? With that
> I mean coast
> line  around, say, North and south America, Europe/Africa/Asia (that, apart
> from the Suez
> channel, are connected), Australia and any islands, and simply discard any
> coastlines
> inside these "blocks" and use vmap0 there. That is: don't trust how
> vmap0/GHSSH classify
> the data. Would that be feasible?

Feasible, as GSHHS explicitly makes the outer coastlines available and
differentiates them from inner shorelines, but it wouldn't solve the
problems with inconsistent waterways at the coastlines of continents.

Even though that is a lot of work, manually adapting our VMAP0-based
data to the GSHHS-data is the only solution I currently see.

Cheers,
Ralf