James Turner wrote:
> The key question is, are all of the above #defines safe to be killed?
> And are there any others I've missed? There's occasional references to
> Borland and IRIX compilers (i.e ancient versions of gcc, like pre
> 3.x!) in some #defines which I guess could also be cleaned up.

I've just recently committed a patched version of JSBSim that did just
that and so far I've seen nobody complaining.
For me it's a rather simple issue; FlightGear 1.0 is the last version
for old(ish) hardware and compilers and FlightGear CVS is for new
hardrware and compilers etc.

It would be great to clean op most (if not all) of this stuff, add
default c++ headers (and get rid of compilers.h). For IRIX I have come
up with a way to fix most of the problems just by adding
simgear/compatibility/<compiler> to the incldue path anyway.

Erik