On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 12:48 PM, Vivian Meazza
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hmm - well - you haven't specified a texture AFAIKS in the .xml file - so
> that's one problem. I don't know if the wing texture contains transparency,
> so there's another potential issue there. Beyond that, perhaps you are
> seeing the jittering that has been mentioned.
>
> No connection with rain in the cockpit - that's a clipping issue.
>
> There is no reason to abandon the .osg method, if that's what you are
> happier with. However, IRC, the "Frame of Reference" stuff doesn't work
> correctly with that method.

I'm running the OSG version here.  Looking at the smoke trails left by the
zlin aerobatic plane and some of the aircraft that trail exhaust (ME-262)
for instance ... it appears that there is an alpha sorting/z-fighting type
issue with the particles.  And there seems to be some positional jitter as
well.  As others have mentioned, this has looked much better in the past, so
somewhere along the way something must have gotten broken?

Regards,

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson: http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/