Hi David,

This post will probably not be taken well by many subscribers but I
understand your frustration. The build process works but to get the
first clean compile is a highly non-trivial task as you noticed. Your
post is not very descriptive so I can only give you general pointers.

You need to build the different dependencies in proper order using the
build tools provided in the different packages (cmake and autotools).
You are best of installing the different modules (make install) and use
the install location in subsequent build steps. Create a build script
that automates the compilation of all packages, run it regularly.

Usually you need to use the latest synchronized CVS versions of simgear
and flightgear (assuming you are using repository version, replace with
git if that is were you fetch the sources).

I haven't had time to build flightgear et al. since two months back so
cannot say if my set up compiles cleanly today. I expect that it needs
some tweaking ... as always. Which isn't a bad thing and should be
expected since using the repository stuff is to live on the edge.

Cheers,

Jari