Jim Duchek wrote:

> As another note, it seems that simgear and terragear from CVS have some
> problems -- using simgear-cs and terragear-cs from git seems to work better.
> Not sure what the -cs means or why we have two different repositories in
> the first place.

"-cs" is the short form for "Custom Scenery" - see this site for a
little background:

  http://www.custom-scenery.org/

"terragear-cs" is a fork of the 'traditional' TerraGear/CVS stuff after
maintenance of the latter had stalled. "simgear-cs" is a derivate of
SimGear/CVS to allow headless operation (without a $DISPLAY),

        Martin.