> Hi David,
>
> This post will probably not be taken well by many subscribers but I
> understand your frustration. The build process works but to get the
> first clean compile is a highly non-trivial task as you noticed. Your
> post is not very descriptive so I can only give you general pointers.

> Cheers,
>
> Jari

I'd have to agree with all this. I stopped trying to build FlightGear years
ago because it is highly non-trivial. Having been involved in several large
engineering and training simulations over the years, I can say that in my
experience it's almost always non-trivial.  :-)  But, I think that if some
effort was expended, that process could be improved and made simpler or more
automated for FlightGear. I'd like to see the build process formalized for
building under:

1) Linux
2) Cygwin
3) MSVC++ (using the latest Express compiler freely downloadable)
4) Mac

There ought to be some kind of install wizard for the source code, and an
interdependency checker, or similar.

Jon