On Thursday 07 October 2010 17:38:13 Curtis Olson wrote:

> I haven't researched this, but I wonder what a fair price would be to rent
> a dedicated linux server with an unmetered 100mbit connection to the
> internet? Would that be sufficient to run a good multiplayer server?

One company that I can certainly recommend is Hetzner in Germany
(www.hetzner.de). I pay 49 Euros per month for a root server with a Core
i7-920, 8GB RAM and 2x750GB HDD. 100MBit/s connection with unlimited traffic.
Unlimited meaning 5TB/month after which speed gets reduced to 10MBit/s.

They also have smaller offers like an entry server at 29 Euros per month for
which you get an Athlon 64, 1GB RAM, and 2 TB traffic.

No, I do not work for them, but I'm a very satisfied customer who hasn't found
nearly bang for the buck and quality anywhere else :) But if someone can
correct me, I'd be grateful.

Stefan