On Wed, 17 Nov 2010, Curtis Olson wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Martin Spott wrote:
>
>> Curtis Olson wrote:
>>
>>> The wiki is a good place to put something like this I think were it can
>>> easily be updated as the landscape changes.
>>
>> The Wiki is hosting, among a lot of serious content, a huge pile of -
>> to put it mildly - 'disputable' stuff, simply because _everyone_ can
>> edit there, no matter wether they're having a clue or not.  This place
>> is certainly useful for those who already know what they're looking
>> for, but quite unsuited for those readers who barely know anything
>> about FlightGear.
>>

> Ok, Stuart and Martin make a fair point.  Lets move forward with putting
> something onto the main FlightGear page.  Stuart, you mentioned a faq you
> had drafted?

Once that FAQ is in place, I would strongly suggest that it be pointed out
to the folks at sites like The simFlight Network
(http://www.simflight.com), AvSim (http://www.avsim.com) and FlightSim.com
- they all have front page news columns and it would be effective in
letting folks know what's going on.

I'd be happy to draft the release and send it out once I see the current
version of Stuart's FAQ.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007