On 15 Apr 2011, at 08:41, Erik Hofman wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 00:16 +0200, Christian Schmitt wrote:
>> I can only agee with Vivian here: lets get this change into GIT, so that it
>> doesn't get lost as so many others in the past. The shader is not perfect
>> yet, but that should not hurt, as it is disabled as a default. Those who
>> want to test and improve it are free to do so.
>> Let me add that it's good to have people who work on things like shaders (we
>> need every single one of them).
>
> I'm not opposed to adding the shaders but I want a good look at the code
> to make sure that current functionality is not lost with the patch
> before it gets committed.

Like, Christian and Vivian stated earlier, I would also hate to see a patch
getting lost, especially when it contains promise.  This is why I originally
suggested committing it.

I would suggest that (even though it may not be production-ready yet), we
commit the patch on the condition that; 1) the shader in question is disabled
by default, and 2) in its disabled state doesn't have an adverse impact .

Thoughts / Ideas?

Cheers,
Durk