Erik wrote

> On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 18:15 +0200, Durk Talsma wrote:
>

> > Okay, thanks for the comments. I'll be holding back on committing. Is
> > there any perspective that this patch can be brought to production
> > quality?
>
> I'm not sure, it needs time to look after some things. For one it should
> be made possible for the shader to adjust the fog color located
> under /rendering/fog but at this time values written to it will be
> overwritten by the current code.

I added some sliders in the rendering dialog here as suggested by Fred and
did some adjustments at runtime. There do seem to be some issues that I was
unable to tune out - at least so far:

ftp://abbeytheatre2.org.uk:2121/flightgear/Skydome/

However, I am concerned that if we do not get this into git, it will get
forgotten, and we will not get the potential improvements. That said, there
do seem to be some pretty fundamental problems here, as the screenshots
indicate.

I can't see any downside here - if the shader is disabled - so far as I can
see the existing skydome is unaffected.

Vivian