Hello,

I'm new to FlightGear but I'm using mostly OpenSource software since a whole
while.
I stumbled in here on the list when I was searching for some problems I had
with
GIT and FlightGear. Luckily I could solve it- thanks to the mails here on  list
and the wiki. :-) Thanks for a simulator with great possibilities!

Quote:
> > TAKE. THIS. OFF. LINE.

  I have followed this ugly discussion.
This words by Mr. Buckle are clear enough. But I hope I may allowed to add some
random thoughts here though ?!

Quote:
> I'm sorry. My answers were made ​​in private to avoid contamination of the
>devel list. I also replaced the FDM was missing in  these
>
> people.But it seems they do not want to understand.

 It wasn't good that later in this discussion a private communication had been
brought into public by Mr. Schulz- it made the mess not look better. I'm not
sure if this was made on purpose, or accidently.
At least it looks to me as several mails sent to the list by Mr. Baranger was
originally meant to be private as well, but landed here in public. Wanted or
not....
Even when private Emails lands in public accidently-   it let escalate such
conflicts on both sides.
Uh Oh....

This can happen in the heat of the battle. My advice: check that your Email
browser uses the right email address and not automatically added the wrong one.
It happened to me as well once time on another list.  Awkward....

And of course: Google Translate and other machine translators should be not
used
in communications between people. They are maybe good for books and articles-
but not for communications between each other!

If there is the chance that someone other can translate it - use it.
So much about this from me about. I hope this conflicts doesn't happening much
often....

Quote:
> ...., I also added an airplane in FG, started two other
> planes (Nakajima B5N Kate and Aichi D3A Val) and improved R44. My goal is to
>give pleasure the greatest number and not to satisfy
>
> the ego of one or two people.

So there is a serious competition with getting the biggest number of aircraft
into FlightGear in a short time?

 I am surprised about this statement by Mr. Baranger, but I'm carefull... seems
like Google Translate behind again.

I tried MSFS, but someone told me that FlightGear is much more realistic, and
even tries to be most realistic simulator in OpenSource and in general. At
least
the introduction at flightgear.org says it. So I came here because I hoped to
get qualitity than useless quantity.

Well, my short review:
About 300-400 aircraft but about 75% seems to be not finished, are not really
flyable or actually uses wrong Flight Model (fdm called, right?) copied from
other aircraft. And all this ones I meant are made by just one man. (on the
other side the 25% are already really nice: SenecaII, F-14, A-10 A-6E, 777-200,
TwinOtter, Spitfire, Bf109, Pilatus Porter,  EC130, S76c....good, realistic
aircraft needs time to develope )

I am not long enough using FlightGear and never contributed yet, but I would
like to say:
 Sorry, but you can count me to those 1-2 people with this ego as well!  I hoped

I hope that there are enough serious aircraft developer there who satisfy the
ego those 1-2 people like me.
 I like FlightGear, as the report from the LinuxTag shows, the possibilities to
use FlightGear seems to be great!

I hope it wasn't the wrong place to come up with a short review
Kind Regards

P.M.