Hi Fred,

today, I tried Rembrandt on two Linux machines, both running 64bit
openSUSE 12.1 (this is Linux) with nvidia'd driver 295.20.
FlightGear ist started in windows mode.

1.) My Notebook having a Intel dual core@1.6GHz, 4GB RAM and a GeForce
Go 7400 with 256MB RAM.
FlightGear starts, after some time, I see the four corners rendering the
stages and the main scene but with strange colors. After just a few
seconds seconds, my kernel panics and I have to reboot.

2.) Our big, fat presentation machine with 2 CPU, 24 cores, 8GB RAM,
currently one nvidia GTX460 with 1GB RAM.
FlightGear starts without an issue and without any noticable frame rate
impact (limited to 60fps due to sync-to-vblank). I can see the aircraft
shadow and the shadow of some scenery objects (not all, though). The
aircraft shadow seems to be disapearing depending on the view angle.

Torsten