> De: Torsten Dreyer
>
> Hi Fred,
>
> today, I tried Rembrandt on two Linux machines, both running 64bit
> openSUSE 12.1 (this is Linux) with nvidia'd driver 295.20.
> FlightGear ist started in windows mode.
>
> 1.) My Notebook having a Intel dual core@1.6GHz, 4GB RAM and a
> GeForce Go 7400 with 256MB RAM.
> FlightGear starts, after some time, I see the four corners rendering
> the stages and the main scene but with strange colors. After just a
> few seconds seconds, my kernel panics and I have to reboot.
>
> 2.) Our big, fat presentation machine with 2 CPU, 24 cores, 8GB RAM,
> currently one nvidia GTX460 with 1GB RAM.
> FlightGear starts without an issue and without any noticable frame
> rate impact (limited to 60fps due to sync-to-vblank). I can see the
> aircraft shadow and the shadow of some scenery objects (not all, though).
> The aircraft shadow seems to be disapearing depending on the view angle.

The rendering stages can be hidden with the new item in the debug menu.

Can you produce screenshots that exhibit the glitches you see on your
second machine ?

For your 1st machine, you can try to lower the value of
/sim/rendering/shadows/map-size in preferences.xml *before* you start
fgfs (changing in the property browser has no effect)

Regards,
-Fred