> I have the same bug when the skydome scattering shader is enable.
> Are you sure you have disable skydome scattering shader ?

Look, I literally wrote the part of the effect file that controls what shaders
run when the skydome shader is enabled and what shaders don't, I did a fair
share of the skydome shader code, and I know very well how it looks like when
it's on. So may we assume for the purpose of the discussion that when I say the
skydome shader is off, it is actually off? Otherwise I feel we'll not get
anywhere.

> Another possibility is that an extension check fails for you :
>   <extension-supported>GL_ARB_texture_rg</extension-supported>
> Try to locate that line in Effects/model-default.eff and
> Effects/terrain-default.eff and remove it or comment it out

Will try. In any case, the information that some fallback code is probably be
running is helpful already, I should be able to check this easily by setting
gl_FragColor to blue in the shader that ought to be running and investigate
from there.

> Here is a video with a steady view to see shadow stability.

Okay, thanks, that's helpful. My flickering is a bit worse than in the first
case in this video, but not much. The filtering seems to improve things a lot -
what's the downside of it?

Cheers,

* Thorsten