On 01.03.2013 11:55, Peter Åstrand wrote:

> Suggestion: After the release is done, append "post" to the version number.

The version number must be numeric, three parts only, see:

http://www.fltk.org/doc-1.3/enumerations.html

"The FLTK version number is stored in a number of compile-time constants:

     FL_MAJOR_VERSION - The major release number, currently 1.
     FL_MINOR_VERSION - The minor release number, currently 3.
     FL_PATCH_VERSION - The patch release number, currently 2.
     FL_VERSION - A combined floating-point version number for the
major, minor, and patch release numbers, currently 1.0302."

We can't change this, but *maybe* we could _add_ some string to
be used in another variable/macro for those who want to get that
additional info. FL_VERSION_SUFFIX or something like that, maybe.

Albrecht