What's the actual difference between those two?

I want to know when some event occurs, the information is sent to FLTK window,
Which has two version of handle() and handle(int x) (I'm not even sure what
they do, just know they get/set the events). I am also not sure that every
widget also got the same handle() versions?. Which in turn calls the some other
functions to call my call_back() to handle the event which was set by my like
FL_widget_mine->callback(Handle_it);

So what happens now when application receives the event?, how does the event
propagates till the my provided call_back() of widget is called to handle to
event?

I tried to read the manual two times but I wished I could sue the company for
creating such a problematic/hard to understand manual:( .Can anyone share any
good tutorial which explain overall working of it

Thanks, I really appreciate any help.