>> That was probably this:
>> http://www.fltk.org/newsgroups.php?s16+gfltk.general+v25+T0+Qanimated
>> The link within is still working.
>
>     I'll check to see if that code has been submitted as an STR, and if not,
>     I can submit an STR on his behalf (he did say we could add his code to
> FLTK)
>     with the code as attachments, so that we at least have a copy of the work
>     even if the author's link goes stale..

   There was an existing STR (#829) for animated gifs from 2005.
   I added the above code to that STR as an alternate suggestion.

   That STR hasn't gotten much attention since submitted because
   it was reclassified as a 2.0 feature, probably because of ABI implications,
   but since we now have a way to manage ABI breaking features, we could
   probably reclassify this as a 1.3 feature so that it can be added.

   Probably all 2.0-feature STRs need to be changed to 3.0-features,
   due to the apparent abandonment of fltk 2.0 by its devs.