I personally think MP3's are the coolest thing going. I have pretty
compulsive music interests, so its great to be able to find stuff by most
artists for free. I download a lot of stuff that I'd never just go out and
buy.

To me, its no real difference than dubbing an album on cassette or burning a
CD copy of a commercially bought CD. Its just that its a little easier. and
the sound quality is better. I check out a lot of music from the library, is
that cutting into the artist's rights, since I will listen to a library CD
about as much as I do the average MP3 I download? Both involve one copy
being bought and then shared among a  large pool of people.

And I just can't get too excited about defending the profit channels of huge
record companies. If CD's weren't so expensive I might feel differently.  A
quip from Jon Stewart on the Daily Show about Metallica's lawsuit against
Napster sums it up for me. "It's the latest move in Metallica's campaign
against youth culture and fun."

Alex