Patricia wrote:

>While I don't like paying high cd prices, what appears to be a
tempting free buffet at Napster, seems to me to be a HUGE ripoff
of artists' rights.  I would be outraged at others taking my work
without my permission and sharing it.  Let alone the loss of
income.<

Emmett Grogan used the slogan
"It's free because it's yours"

I think that's the case here. People are too hung up on possibly losing
money that they haven't even made yet - all the artists who complain about
this kind of thing are loaded anyway.....when it comes down to it you can't
really own anything. You come into this world with nothing and leave with
nothing so why hang on so tight to stuff you'll have to give up in the end.

cheers,

Sol.