> lectures, all the furniture of fame) and less from the actual sale of works,
> whereas lesser-known writers who derived a larger proportion of income from
> actual sales of works favored copyright. So it's been kind of a little-guy

Think it was about libraries, what should they pay to the authors
association ? Same, somehow, with CD burners. How much ? And empty CDs for
the burners. We have it with tapes, photocopy machines etc.....mp3 is just
a side aspect (today) and the individual author gets just a share, somehow
calculated..