Alex Cook wrote:

> or is it possibly changing the way it all works. As it becomes easier and
> easier to produce your own website and distribute/sell your music through
> MP3's yourself, for a lot less money than a record company, maybe you'll
> find you really don't need a big record deal and a big record company. Maybe
> it will change what it takes to "make it" as a musician.

You are all making some very good points.  As an artist who is attempting to
sell commercially over a website to sidestep galleries (for my commercial work
anyway), I think the above is very possible, and as Ron Thompson pointed out, he
is selling his Spiritpark work from his mp3 exposure on the web, in fact that's
how I became familiar with his fine music.

Thanks!  She said flying out the door to make money to spend on making art.

Best,
PK