On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 12:38 AM, joseph (yes=no & yes<>no) wrote:

Quoting Kathy Forer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

She really had you fooled, dear Echo.

Hi Kathy, are you trying to maintain a voice of superior reason?

Fuck that shit! This is what I think. It's complicated and I wasn't sure who was who*, but what I said makes the most sense to me.

It's my story. And I'll stick with it. On a, er, purely subjective basis.

The dear xxxx
strategy is only useful against people with deep seated insecurities...and all
you accomplish is beating up on somebody who is already beaten.

How does telling the truth the way I see it -- given the history we've attempted to establish here of open dialogue without concern for civil polity -- beat up on anyone in particular? Who are you protecting?

I meant "dear," for the nymphs all loved Narcissus.

Are you saying no one can be "beaten" unless they are insecure?
What do you mean by beaten, who was beaten? You, joseph & donna, or karei? Or, are there two different subjects, the one accused of NOT having deep seated insecurities and the other already beaten?

It sort of
makes you cruel, don't you think?

How is that?
Creating and maintaining a persona can be a very dangerous game. Sometimes it's kinder not to play.

The only legitimate voice lost was hers, and ours reflected in hers and
hers reflecting hers back again. Ad nauseum. Allen threw that
babycheeks out with the bath water -- where it belongs.

Do you think that a voice was lost? It seems more like hands over the ears to
me.

Whose hands over whose ears? If it was ours, well, for a good reason. Kandinskij walks in, posts a couple of interesting but un-remarked upon links, Eryk says he's "off this list, too." K replies "Have a nice time?" You interject a pleasant (or not: was it code?) ditty about watermelons and summer. K replies "Nobody was speaking to you" and the list is shortly subsumed by one person.

At one point early on, Roger replies "Anything addressed to Fluxlist is to everyone." You concur... and K replies
You may disagree, but that is based only into your own narcissism.
And reality doesn't revolve around your "I" and the nonsense you attach
to it.

and again
Avoida ttempting to dictate your ego, psychotic murderous ape.

And my perception, if I'm allowed to accept and honor it, was that the mouldering list was subsumed by K's attempts to break down the (apparent) impenetrability of an ego-wall with whatever tactics are at hand. In this case, narcissistic self-absorption.

Yes, a voice was lost. In a bottomless wallow. Of what I'm not sure, but our feeding it just made it worse. "Nothing that would further" given the situation as it was.

The greatest mental trap is a worldview that insists upon its uniqueness and
correctness. You, my friend, are trapped. [From: "joseph (yes)"]

No need to prolong the pain. Anyone's.
I feel badly for the death monster, our creation or hers.** But not so badly that I'd want to continue to support it as it grew to be something else entirely, something ugly and tiresome. The wizard of oz without toto.

* (and given the other things going on "at that time," I didn't pay much more than passing attention to it, though it seemed a very familiar and tedious self-righteous and juvenile game, for some reason.)

What WE have pointed out about you is that you attempt to "use" art
to peddle idiocy in order to put down, degrade, PUT HUMANS TO SLEEP
and feed on their energy.

This my dearest is not ART. This is the domain of a CONMAN.
[From: "-IID42 Kandinskij @27+" ]

"Artistry. What is it?
I wonder on this thought.
Is it the ability to successfully con people or is there more involved?"

** (there was an objection made that K was not a she, but I chose to say she as I am a she.
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
Maybe also something to do with animus... but I'm not sure what that is.)

It's late. I've violated the text only <red> no code policy </red>.

joseph & donna
www.electrichands.com
joseph franklyn mcelroy
corporate performance artist www.corporatepa.com

go shopping -> http://www.electrichands.com/shopindex.htm
call me 646 279 2309

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER CUPCAKEKALEIDOSCOPE - send email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 09:37 AM, joseph (yes=no & yes<>no)