On Apr 29, 2008, at 1:38 PM, Bill Briggs wrote:
so, for example, if your fields are defined in the order {LastName, First Name, age} you could make the new record and populate it at the same time if you did this first.

If I may, I'd like to point out that it's not required that the fields be defined in any particular order, if you are on a layout with the fields in the proper "order". I normally make a plain layout and physically order the fields down and to the right, corresponding to the order my data list is going to be in.


set datalist to {"Doe", "John", 35}

then this

set newRecord to create new record with data dataList at table "TableName" of database "DB_Name"

It removes a lot of lines from your script.

 - web

It is also much faster to create and populate records this way.

geoff

Reply via email to