BGB a écrit :
people need to live their lives, and to do this, they need a job and
money (and a house, car, ...).

As individuals, in our current society, yes.  We can strive for other
solutions, however.  A analogy with computing would be to say people
need an http//html browser to search the Internet.  Yes they do, but if
we had chosen different standard (and the STEPS project here hinted at
simpler and superior alternatives), then http//html would be ludicrous.

I don't want to argue about the specifics of jobs, money, and society.
Just pointing out that it can be useful to tell instrumental goals from
fundamental ones.  Get a job?  Instrumental to get money, except if you
enjoy it.  Get money?  Instrumental to represent the amount of wealth
you "should" control.  Having fun? This is one of the fundamental ones.

Once a goal is identified as instrumental, giving it up becomes
thinkable.  It may still be a bad idea, but at least you expand
your solution space.

Loup.