BACKGROUND
I am creating a medical form and have 3 sections in my document. On the right side of each section, there is a string of text, rotated 90-degrees explaining what that section contains.

This would be a nice excuse to use SVG if not for two reasons: 1) SVG text is rendering poorly in my FOP output (Jaggies, which could be font-related, though--I haven't had much need for SVG text yet); 2) more importantly, Batik doesn't play nicely headless system, and this project has the potential to run on a headless server.

Since SVG isn't working out, I decided to use Graphics, and herein lies the problem.

PROBLEM
I have 3 graphics (each 35px wide w/ rotated red text w/ white margins) in an fo:region-end and I have a strange problem: the TOP graphic renders at slightly larger than the correct size; the MIDDLE graphic renders correctly; the BOTTOM graphic renders smaller than the correct size.

I've tried using every combination imaginable of width/height, content-width/content-height, both ON, OFF, width + content-width, etc. and nothing works. There isn't a problem with HEIGHT, because there is ample space on either side of each image.

I was finally able to work around the problem by futzing with the width of each image so the TOP is now 53x260 wide, MIDDLE is 36x1181, BOTTOM is 32x1360.

ENVIRONMENT
- fop-0.20.5
- Java 1.4.2
- WinXP

I am actually satisfied with the workaround, but I wanted to report it and wondered if anyone has an idea about why this is occurring?

Clay Leeds - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
Web Developer - Medata, Inc. - <http://www.medata.com/>