Thank you very much for your reply. I think it could be very useful to write it in the documentation as a disclaimer. I mean FOP is a beatiful project. Lots of people, like my company, would choose it as a component of thier application in production environment but I think that warn them about the fact that there are no way to use it with more then ca 50-100 pages BEFORE they start using it would be very appreciated.
Anyway, keep up your very good work and thank you very much.
Regards
Giorgio

Jeremias Maerki wrote:
In this case, you have a problem with FOP. Splitting the document into
multiple page-sequences is the only current work-around (except
increasing the available memory). You will have to find a way to
manually determine where you need to break a page. The only other option
is to allocate resources to the FOP project and help us improve handling
of large volumes.