On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Tomas Hajny <xhaj...@mbox.vol.cz> wrote:
> context of notes about great advantages of Git, not in the context of your
> announcement about fpGUI) that this is a limitation currently and that

Maybe a limitation for projects like FPC yes, but not for fpGUI. OS/2
(even though I loved it in it's day) is not a supported platform of
fpGUI. But yes, after reading your last post I understand what you
mean.

> I wouldn't be able to contribute any longer, because no (usable) Git
> client for OS/2 / eCS exists at the moment as far as I know.

Ignoring the fact that some exotic platforms like OS/2 doesn't have
git support (has anybody actually tried to compile git under OS/2
yet?), learning a new version control system is not that hard. I found
CVS more confusing than Git.  And from a developer point of view, you
only need about 5 commands to do most day-to-day work using git.

Oh Tomas, I only remembered now. There is a native port of Git in the
Java language.
It's called 'Java Git' and can be found at:  http://www.jgit.org/
I have no idea how far they are, but if it supports up to Git v1.5
features you are good to go on OS/2 or any other platform supporting
Java.   :-)

Alternatively we can always implement a native Free Pascal Git, which
should solve this whole Git + FPC issues.  ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -