On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Marco van de Voort <mar...@stack.nl> wrote:

> That's not the same. Then you still have the mess of crlf mistakes in your
> history.

Well, if it's fixed in a later revision, then there is no problem. And
even worse - if you submit a patch where every single line has changed
(due to some screw-up in line ending settings), then you don't deserve
to be called a programmer. You (the developer) made the changes you
want to submit and alarm bells should have rung when you reviewed your
patch before submitting it. It's called common sense or Programming
101.

BTW: In git you can also rewrite the history and probably fix such
issues - but don't ask me how, I haven't attempted that yet. :)

Regards,
  - Graeme -