Another important factor about GIT, is that it's an offline version control.
Every person has their own repository, so you if the "online" repository
goes down, you have the ability to still properly work on things.

If you are working on a code that others works as well, no one hurt each
other as long as it offline, and only when it merges to the "online"
repository, it's when you merge all of the code.

Another better feature is the way tagging and brunching works. You can mix
everything without making a copy of the whole tree all over on each
tagging/brunching. and unlike svn, you actually do have differences between
the two.

And there are even more features, but the question is if it good for all
projects. I don't know the answer, I only know that I moved to git in my
last new projects, and it helped me a lot when I was in a need to figure out
when I destroy something with my committing, on places where svn would not
have any history of that.

Ido