On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Tomas Hajny <xhaj...@mbox.vol.cz> wrote:

> I certainly don't want to discuss usefulness of git to individual users or
> projects, but it doesn't seem to be very fit to widely multi-platform
> projects (yet) because much fewer platforms are supported (directly or
> indirectly) at the moment than with e.g. SVN.

At this point it's not something I need to worry about. fpGUI
officially only supports Linux and Windows. Unofficially it supports
*BSD and some embedded devices too. Git already runs on more platforms
than what fpGUI supports: Windows, Linux, MacOS-X, Solaris etc...   So
I really don't see the problem.

I wasn't trying to convince every other project to switch to Git. The
original thread was simply to notify FPC+fpGUI users that the fpGUI
source is now in a different repository. The users that regularly
contribute have already switched to Git and have not raised any
issues. I did post a message in the fpGUI newsgroup mentioning the
move before it was done - nobody raised any concerns.

Regards,
  - Graeme -