On Jan 19, 2009, at 2:39 PM, Martijn Pieters wrote:
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 13:51, Wichert Akkerman <wich...@wiggy.net> wrote:
#228: "Restore 'Add Item..' menu on all pages" — as this was only sort of conditionally accepted during the proposal phase, i'd take the fact that no bundle was submitted as an indication that wichert considered this not worth
it?

I thought it was rejected? I might have misremembered. It's trivial enough
that I can make a quicky implementation of it though.

No, it was indeed rejected. Not sure why Andi included it. ;-)

steve's mail ("Plone 3.3 PLIP Recommendations") said:

  228: "Restore 'Add Item..' menu on all pages"
  Rejected for default: Violates continuity of UI within 3.x series.
  Acceptable as add-on or switch with current behavior as default.

which reflected the status rather accurately iirc. and, as a personal note and also as already mentioned in http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/228 , i still think it would make sense to include this to allow our users to easily switch back to the old behaviour.

andi

--
zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - i...@zitc.de
plone 3.1.7 released! -- http://plone.org/products/plone/