On this, I do agree. I think Mac hardware lives up to a better standard
of quality than most x86 machines, BUT, I would also surmise, as
Microsoft consistantly has sold products to people who knew they were
flawed, that this is a 50/50 proposition. At best.

Have you used the new stock Apple keyboards? Their new mice (with the *one* button on the BOTTOM of all places)? Both of them annoy me to no end when I'm forced to use them. If they are an example of a "better standard" I'm glad I still have my trust ultra-clicky ancient IBM PS/2 keyboard thank-you very much. (And three buttons on top of my mouse)

One thing, that I am insanely curious about, is, will this make endian
issues in sourcecode not ported to PPC go away for the most part?
Specifically in regard to networking (client/server)?

SPARC64 is Tier I, PPC isn't.  *shrug*