David Wolfskill wrote:

I'm no expert on PC hardware, but that sounds as if the BIOS is
deliberately probing the monitor, and if it finds "no monitor," it is
not only refusing to boot, but refusing to drive the video card.

That seems perverse in the extreme.

And makes that board ill-suited for the taks at hand (headless server).

I don't know the situation where you are, but my inclination at this
point would be to "cut my losses" and stop trying to make it work for
that function.  And acquire a different system (or system board) for the
function.

Peace,
david

Well.. I didn't thought about this box as a top priority server so as You say I'll propablly leave it as is.. but it's a shame that a good and "healthy" box will stay in the corner and collect dust :P I'm wondering only if it's posiblle that it's the power supply fault (it's an AT Power Supply)..
thanks,

--
      Przemysław Nowaczyk        | e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
         IT student @            | GG UIN: #1299898