On Jul 31, 2009, at 9:43 AM, <helge.old...@atosorigin.com> <helge.old...@atosorigin.com > wrote:
Are you sure the kernel does not install? I have recently source- upgraded a bunch of systems straight from 6-STABLE to 7-STABLE, constantly observed this error, but kernel and modules did install properly, and the machines booted up as smoothly as expected. Most of them with gmirror, BTW.

Helge

Also beware that gmirror in RELENG_7 will upgrade the metadata in your mirror when you boot. This could be an issue if you need to revert to a RELENG_6 kernel with the older gmirror. I've done a source upgrade (months ago, though) from 6.x to 7.x successfully, though.

Louis Mamakos