On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 11:07:35AM -0500, Vivek Khera wrote:

> I get a 9600 baud console with the following after upgrade from 5.4:

This is what I'm planning on putting in UPDATING:

        The i386 loader(8) now defaults to the serial speed set by the
        previous boot stage, if the comconsole is already in use.  If
        you've changed BOOT_COMCONSOLE_SPEED in make.conf(5) and
        installed a new loader, but have not rebuilt and reinstalled the
        boot blocks, then your loader will leave the console at 9600
        baud.  You may either set comconsole_speed in loader.conf(5), or
        reinstall new boot blocks as described in boot(8).

-ed