Am Thursday 18 June 2009 01:50:53 schrieb Madeline Book:
> On 17/06/2009, Bernd Jendrissek <bernd.jendris...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> > My experience (we did it with git-svn here at work) is that it's a bit
> > of an impedance mismatch; svn's limitations impose limitations on how
> > you use git (I don't know if git-svnimport is any better): merges seem
> > to make SVN go "WTF?" and freak out.
> >
> > Although I've never tried, I guess you could use a separate branch for
> > each patchset, if you take care with how you bring it back into SVN.

I have a branch for each patchset. And it is a one-way data exchange svn ->
git. The changes are submitted to gna as patches. Until now all is fine ...

> Separate branches is what I use with git-svn, making a new branch
> whenever I need to build on changes not yet in the main branch
> (i.e. trunk, S2_1, etc.). As a contributor one has to submit patches
> for inspection anyway, so when I do go to commit something, I just
> checkout the destination branch, apply the previously posted patch
> file, commit to git, then dcommit with git-svn. Unfortunately since
> the underlying repo is still svn, we cannot use the powerful branch
> merging features of git. :(
>
> A while ago I wrote a mini intro to using git with freeciv svn:
> https://mail.gna.org/public/freeciv-dev/2008-03/msg00048.html

a size of 350MB? I have more than 3GB, most of it in the directory tags. It's
not a problem but do I need this directory? I did a 'git svn clone svn://...'

matth...@mattsys:/home/matthias/git> du -h --max-depth=2
2.5G    ./freeciv.git/tags
251M    ./freeciv.git/branches
242M    ./freeciv.git/trunk