and here is one copy for the list ..

Am Wednesday 01 July 2009 01:48:20 schrieben Sie:
> On 30/06/2009, Matthias Pfafferodt <matthias.pfaffer...@mapfa.de> wrote:

> > I tried - but I never got to the point there I get the entire repo ;-)
> >
> > matth...@mattsys:/home/matthias/git/test> git clone
> > git://gitorious.org/freeciv-svn-mirror/freeciv-svn-mirror.git
> > Initialized empty Git repository
> > in /home/matthias/git/test/freeciv-svn-mirror/.git/
> > remote: Counting objects: 113273, done.
> > remote: Compressing objects: 100% (18758/18758), done.
> > fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly.16 MiB | 19 KiB/s
> > fatal: early EOF
> > fatal: index-pack failed
> >
> > Is it possible to 'restart' the clone process?
>
> Hmm I hope I have not exceeded some size/bandwidth limit for
> the gitorious free service; I did not find any such limit in perusing
> their site though.
>
> Unfortunately when I did a test clone last night it succeeded in
> one go, so I do not know if it will restart from the beginning if
> you just reissue the command. In most cases like this I think
> git is smart enough to pick up where it left off.

One minute ago I started todays first try ;-)

> > Will this git mirror be up-to-date?
>
> I have to keep it up to date manually by pushing commits from
> my repository (which has to also manually "pull" commits from the
> main svn repository on gna), so it may be up to a few days behind
> if I do not work on freeciv some days.
>
> I guess I could just make a cron script to do that. ;)

You don't need to. As I said the 3 GB size is not a problem. I think I will
also get warclient and longturn to compare ...

Matthias

--
Matthias Pfafferodt - http://www.mapfa.de
Matthias.Pfafferodt <at> mapfa.de