On Wed, 2 Jan 2013 04:19:32 PM Michael Vehrs wrote:
> At any rate, the re-write of tile styles has paved the way for
> using an arbitrary number of equivalent tiles. We might also break down
> our tiles into smaller sub-tiles, or use alpha blending for tile boundaries.

I do not doubt the former would help, but I reckon the latter is more likely
to be the big win.   IMHO the map already looks quite good, but the best thing
we can do to improve its general appearance would be to reduce the sharpness
of the tile transitions.  I have played enough chess:-).

Cheers,
Mike Pope