On Mon, 9 Mar 2015 16:48:35 +1030
"Michael T. Pope" <mp...@computer.org> wrote:
> Now that 0.11.3 is out I am looking through the list of issues I had put
> aside.  One of them is the question of whether dialogs/panels/whatever
> should be resizable or not.  What do people think?  What we have ATM is
> not consistent, and does not seem to be guided by any underlying
> principles.  Any suggestions for what these should be?

This discussion got buried without resolution.  However after re-reading
the thread it is clear that there is more support for making dialogs
resizeable than for fixed sizes, if only to allow the user to work around
strange window sizes, scales and bugs.

Therefore unless a strong counter-argument appears, I think we should
start transitioning to resizeable dialog/panels.  To that end, now that
EuropePanel is resizeable, can we have some comment from wintertime about
how that was done, and/or some general remarks about good practice for
enabling resizeability?

And yes, with the principle decided, I think we can now close BR#459
as "wont fix".

Cheers,
Mike Pope