Hi all,

I will rework the TRIP patch and split it up into smaller parts.

1.) will be the fix for the issue that the (non-modal) TRIP panel where you can
enter the traderoute name, that there are no shortcut actions triggered. As
Mike already suggested I will try to do it in a generalized way, so to be able
to reuse the mechanism on other panels.

2.) I will fix the TRIP functionality as it is, without changing the current
trade route system.

3.) If you agree I will try to make a suggestion for a new handling /
traderoute system along the lines of my patch / and what also wintertime
suggested. Or maybe we should first talk about the design :P

We can also skip 3 (for now) because it may not be required for a release, and
convert to an improvement we can discuss later. However I would see it also
like wintertime - a more flexible trade route design might be wishful. Combined
also with the extended trade route feature mike already explained to me.

> - default (do nothing, tbd if empty stops would be skipped or route followed
> to avoid enemies)
> - load (with or without limits)
> - unload (with or without limits)
> - Other games may also need direct buy and sell (or maybe for Europe or
> Native auto trading?).

Wintertime / Mike you could take a look at the TRIP with the patch i sent - in
the game, if this direction is good or not. For my tests it was working. The
icons I added could also be skipped alltogether, you see whats loaded/unloaded
if you select the stops anyway.
For the points from wintertime, load (limits defined by warehouse export),
unload (without limits) was working. selling in europe should work (buying i
didn't test but should also work).

Auto trade with natives (or other europeans?) may be an additional feature, but
would require some work (what about the haggling, interaction with europeans /
multiplayer?).

BR,
Stefan!

Dec 15, 2021, 08:18 by win...@genial.ms: