It seems that FreeDOS project is in another crisis now. There is nobody who
develops kernel (compatibility with MS-DOS is still not perfect), we still lack
some disk utilities for FAT32 and so on.
There is too small number of active FreeDOS developers. But there is also group
around another DOS clone - (E)DR-DOS. They are concentrated around
http://www.drdosprojects.de/forum/drp_forum/ and http://www.drdos.org
Why nobody from FreeDOS team goes there? I know that most people from EDR-DOS
group are watching news about FreeDOS but why it doesn't work in opposite way?
For example: recently made a small "revolution" fact that console player
MPlayer can be runned from DOS (using HX-DOS extender). So we now have two
usable video players. Or you think it isn't important? Or at least interresting?
It is a sad fact that due rough contributions on mailling lists some developers
left FreeDOS. Why don't to try "hire" some new fresh people on EDR-DOS?
BTW: EDR-DOS is dependent to FreeDOS because EDR-DOS is only kernel, not other
DOS utilities.