Jim Hall schreef:
> I'd like to get a copy of this too.  I'd like to mirror it for you at ibiblio.
>
> Let me know (off-list) how to get a copy of the image, and I'll put it
> on ibiblio.

The joys of opensource software :)
For some, the distribution isn't flexible enough, for others it offers
too much choice.

I can imagine the following stuff still wanted:
* updated programs
* diskette distribution (but how to switch disks without touching
harddisk? ramdisk?)
* unattended setup (some kind of answer file?), also called silent
setup. Might be nice for corporations and businesses selling 2nd hand
computers for example.
* remaster ISO/CD..XCOPY specified subdirectories including ISOLINUX,
then call on MKISOFS. I got a recent batchfile for that, real simple but
not integrated into any FreeDOS distribution whatsoever.
* get a default working compiler setup.
* automatic CD-to-diskette script? sounds like PERL work, doubt batch
can handle that.
* working htmlhelp environment on CD.
* working FreeCOM on CD in user's selected language.

People have done a great job on the FreeDOS 1.0 CD distribution yet it's
complex and sometimes hangs for people.

A lot of people will have a wishlist, with few people willing to put
work in it (nowadays I'm enjoying end-user programs more than pure
messing around).

thanks to people like Japheth for keep on developing complex software :)