Op 23-8-2012 19:13, Ivan Shmakov schreef:

>       even try Bloček myself, as it requires me to use some
>       proprietary software first!

There are people who refuse to use FreeDOS (kernel), which is licensed
as open source under the GNU GPL, as they only want to use "free
software" as defined by GNU. There's no compatible compiler that's
either GPL or free software. OpenWatcom comes closest.

No idea what the requirements for creating/modifying Blocek are.
Anyway, let's not turn this into a long license discussion. Despite
people having the opinion that the FreeDOS kernel isn't free software,
it's still opensource. Additionally, free software for DOS does actually
exist. Most likely (32bit?) DJGPP programs licensed as GPL, I guess.