1) I like to use RAR archiver but if you see it as a problem I can pack it with
ZIP

2)  "If Bloček supports Unicode, and comes with FreeDOS, then I'd say
    that FreeDOS /has/ support for Unicode."

No, I doubt we can say that.
The reason is that in FreeDOS in not possible to copy files with LFN names
unless they are in same codepage.
To be more precious: LFN files are stored in Unicode and LFN driver (like
DOSLFN) translates the LFN entries into 8-bit codepage format to by diaplayable
in textmode. If you copy f.e. mixture of MP3 (some russian and some lets' say
greece) you get garbaged at least some file names.
We need to extend DOSLFN and COMMAND.COM and file managers to be able to switch
off the unicode to CP translation when copying and switch it on when displaying
the file names (like DIR *.*)